Do More Likes Make Instagram Posts Look More Attractive?
Growth is the key to social media success. That’s why most Instagram users are on a quest to gain more followers, more likes, more engagement, and more reach.
The number of likes on your posts may not seem as important as other measurements of growth, such as comments, follower count, reach, and engagement. But likes are more important than you might think, and they tell your followers a lot about you.
The more likes your post has, the more impressive it looks. A large number of likes shows that your followers engage with your posts. That suggests that your followers are genuinely interested in you and what you do.
If you’re unsatisfied with the amount of likes your posts are getting, you’ve come to the right place. This handy guide will tell you everything you need to know about why likes are important and how you can get more of them.
Why Your Posts Need More Likes
The answer to this seems pretty obvious. More likes equals more engagement. That’s what we all want, right? But there are a few other reasons why your posts need as many likes as possible. Here are just a few of them.
- Gain new followers. Think about the last time you found a new account to follow on Instagram. Chances are you came across one of its posts first. You decided to like it before checking out the account yourself. You liked what you saw, so you followed them. That’s how it goes for a lot of Instagram users.
- Boosts your self esteem. Amassing a lot of likes on your posts makes you feel good! It means your content and your efforts are valued. A like is essentially a little piece of positive feedback, a follower’s way of saying, “Good job!” Everyone can use a little more positive reinforcement now and then.
- Promotes growth. One of the main reasons for having an Instagram account is to grow your audience, or to promote what you do. If you’re not growing, then what are you doing?
Do Fewer Likes Make a Post Look Bad?
Short answer – no, but it can have an effect.
Think about an unsuccessful post you’ve seen recently. It can be your own or someone else’s. Did you look at the number of likes and think, “Aw, only a couple of people liked this post”? Chances are good that you did, especially if the post seemed to have all the right elements.
The problem with fewer likes on posts is not that it makes the post itself look bad – it makes the poster look bad. It may suggest that the person who posted it didn’t put enough effort into promoting it, or that their planning is subpar.
Fewer likes also makes the poster feel bad, too. Instagram users work hard to create and publish excellent content. When that content doesn’t attract sufficient likes, the poster may feel like their hard work has gone to waste.
Luckily, we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeve for rectifying this problem.
How to Get More Likes
Now that you know how likes can affect your image on Instagram, here are a few tips on gaining more of them.
- Add relevant hashtags to your posts. Not getting as many likes as you want? Make sure you add a few hashtags to your posts! This will put your post in front of more people. Don’t go overboard, though. Try not to add more than five hashtags to a caption. This detracts from readability.
- Plan and set goals. If your posts aren’t performing as well as you’d like, you should take some time to evaluate your social media strategy. If you don’t have one, you need to make one! A thorough social media plan is vital for social media success.
- Make sure you’re posting quality content. No one likes bad content. You don’t have to be an expert photographer, but you should know what good content looks like. Not sure where to start? Check out these photography tips for beginners.
- Diversify your content. Your content needs to be both unique and diverse. If you post photos of the same thing all the time, your followers will get bored. Mix it up! Post photos, videos, and quotes for maximum engagement.
- Use an Instagram service like ours. There’s a simple solution for getting more likes in less time – using an automated service, such as Like4Like, to get real, unique likes on your posts. This option is especially good for businesses looking to increase their engagement but don’t have the extra time to spend. Find out more about how it works.
- Connect with your audience. If you use Instagram to aggressively promote your product or brand, chances are your followers will get annoyed. One-sided promotion doesn’t look good for anyone. If you want real engagement, be real! Show your human side. Tell a story. Talk to your followers.
- Stick to a color scheme for your posts. Look at your Instagram feed. What kind of story does it tell? Does it look attractive? Do the colors in the photos complement each other? The color scheme of your feed is more important than you might think. Clashing colors can turn followers off your account. Check out this post for tips on creating a vivid and consistent color scheme to make your feed pop.
- Post at the right times. Sometimes, the reason you’re not getting as many likes as you want is because your timing isn’t right. Fixing this problem is easy. Just do a little homework on the best times to post to Instagram, and make a note or set reminders so you’ll remember them.
- Use mentions and locations. Mentioning people – or businesses, if your account is professional – in your posts will increase its reach. Locations achieve the same thing, and put your post in front of other people in your location. Just remember to use them sparingly and appropriately.
Hopefully now you can see why likes matter, and how they can help you achieve your social media goals. Take your newfound knowledge and use it to create and promote excellent content that will receive the likes it deserves.